The ABA Text Publishing Bookseller of the Year award recognises an individual bookseller for their outstanding achievement in the past twelve months. The winner will not only be identified for their exceptional performance within the bookshop that they work in but also for their achievements within the book industry as well as the local and wider community. This award gives booksellers the chance to be recognised by the book industry for innovation, excellence and career achievements. The recipient of the award will receive $1,000.
ABA Text Bookseller of the Year 2021 shortlist
- Michael Earp, The Little Bookroom
- Kate Frawley, The Sun Bookshop
- Christine Gordon, Readings
- Kathryn Henry, Harry Hartog Woden & Harry Hartog ANU
- Andree Magnusson, Language International Bookshop
- Melanie Peacock, Constant Reader
Congratulations to all the shortlisted booksellers! The winner will be announced at 5:00 pm Sunday 20th June as part of the ABA conference in-person and live-streamed program.
1. Nominees must have worked as a bookseller either as an employee or proprietor for at least five years.
2. The nominee can self-nominate or be nominated by a peer, employer, or colleague and must work at an ABA member bookshop.
3. The judging is made by a panel. No correspondence will be entered into.
4. Not open to Management Committee (employees of Management Committee members can be nominated)
5. Previous winners are not eligible to be nominated
6. CLOSING DATE: 5:00 pm Friday 14th May