The ABA Penguin Random House Australia Young Bookseller of the Year award recognises and rewards the excellence of a bookseller 35 or under and promotes bookselling as a career choice for young people. This award gives booksellers the chance to exhibit their retailing skills, and be recognised by their peers, the book industry, and the general community for their career achievements, innovation and outstanding performance in their stores. The recipient of the award will receive $1,000.
2019 NOMINATIONS have closed.
1. Nominees must have worked as a bookseller for at least two years and must be working at least 20 hours per week.
2. The candidate must be aged 35 or under on 23rd June 2019
3. The nominee can self-nominate or be nominated by a peer, employer, or colleague and work at an ABA member bookshop.
4. The judging is made by a panel. No correspondence will be entered into.
5. Not open to Management Committee (employees of ABA Management Committee can be nominated)
5. Previous winners are not eligible to be nominated.
6. CLOSING DATE: 5pm April 30th 2019
2016: Amelia Lush, Better Read Than Dead
2015: Gerard Elson, Readings St Kilda
2014: Helene Byfield, Books Kinokuniya
2013: Louise Fay, Dymocks Adelaide
2012: Megan O'Brien, Shearers Bookshop