The Elizabeth Riley Fellowship honours a much-loved bookseller, publisher and ABA staff member who passed away in 2011 Liz Riley. It recognises Elizabeth's great passion for children's books, most notably the craft of engaging with and selling children's books and is a tangible way of remembering her. The winner of the $2,000 Fellowship will have an exclusive invitation to attend The American Booksellers Association's ABC Children's Institute in 2020, (date and location details to be announced).
2019 NOMINATIONS are open, click below to vote.
- The applicant must be a children’s’ bookseller employed by an ABA member bookshop
- The judging is made by a panel and no correspondence will be entered into
- Not open to Management Committee (employees of the Management Committee can be nominated)
- Previous recipients are not eligible to be nominated
- NOTE: The employer or applicant must be willing to pay for any costs beyond the $2,000 of the Fellowship
- CLOSING DATE: 5pm Aril 30th 2019
2016: Robyn Huppert, Australian Booksellers Association
2015: Pauline Macleod, Children's Manager at Riverbend Books
2014: Julie Melville, Library Shop, State Library of Queensland
2013: Lynndy Bennett, Gleebooks
2012: Amelia Lush, Better Read Than Dead